What you need to know
Here at JPS our experienced and knowledgeable Graphic Design Team is always happy to advise you on any technical questions you have about sign production from conception through completion and installation methods. When you first send us your artwork, we will need it to be in a vector format to ensure the highest level of usability throughout our process. We accept most electronic files including AI, EPS, PLT and a variety of others. Call JPS LLC at 888-744-6999 and ask for one of our Graphic Design team members for assistance with your artwork related questions.
Below is a set of artwork guidelines we’ve developed to help designers when sending us artwork and/or color matching. These guidelines are in place to streamline the production process and protect you, the customer, of any changes to the intended design that may be made to facilitate production needs. Please feel free to reach out for any clarification or questions!
- Copy should be converted to Curves/Outlines.
- All strokes being used as design elements should be converted to Outlines.
- When creating borders, try to use either the Offset or Contour commands to ensure even positioning and shapes.
- Where applicable, Weld overlapping shapes together into a continuous element.
- Check all artwork in and Outline or strokes only (No Fills) mode, in detail, to ensure clean art. It is advisable to remove excessive nodes and smooth lines or curves before sending.
- When choosing a color palette, try to use Pantone colors, 1-Shot Paint colors, or Matthews Paint Standard Colors
- see our Sign Finishes Page for Matthews standard colors
- Other palettes may be used but the matching to our paint system may not be accurate. If possible, sending actual color chips may be useful for these situations.
- Refrain from using colors on your monitor as an absolute comparison. Different monitors will display color differently.
- When sending artwork as a .PDF file, please send individual pages rather than multi-page documents. We are unable to import multiple page PDF’s into our software.
- All non-vector print files should be sent as a .TIFF with a minimum resolution of 150 ppi at 100% size.
- Files should be sent in the following format: AI, EPS, or PLT.
uses its own terms. If you are unsure of what any term means, we will be happy to clarify it with you!
ALL SIGNS COME WITH A 5-YEAR WARRANTY ON ANY FINISH.
WE TAKE GREAT PRIDE IN OUR CUSTOMIZED TECHNIQUE & WE’VE NEVER HAD TO REPLACE A SIGN BECAUSE OF FADED PAINT!